Sunday, July 6, 2014

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Another question about Installing Mint 17 Mate

 

Hi Scott

You wrote:

> What does Windows show if you boot it? I actually haven't worked very much
> with the newer styles of partition, but a /dev/sdX should refer to a drive,
> so for it to be /dev/sdc is odd.

Windows (was XP so I didn't keep it when I installed Mint 16) is long gone.
I have a similar, no changes of my own to the partitioning, installation of
Mint 17 Mate on the netbook; I don't get any such dev/sdc "nonsense"
when Live CD on USB is not installed.

When I did get a df -h result (when booted from the "Live CD"), the entry
for the /dev/sdc1 partition definitely showed it as mounted on the USB.

--

Regards,

Gene Falck
gfalck@merr.com

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Gene C. Falck" <gfalck@merr.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment