Monday, February 2, 2015

[LINUX_Newbies] How to Enable DVD Playback in Ubuntu 14.04 | UbuntuHandbook

 

http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2014/04/enable-dvd-playback-ubuntu-14-04/

I do have VLC on my 14.10 computer. God knows why it works here and not with my other three similar computers.
I did precisely and exactly the same thing with the others.i.e. I upgraded from 14.04 to 14.10. To this day, I`ve
never tried one stroke of Terminal. I`ve asked this question of a few forums. Reply. " It`s works fine for me. Setup
requires a little bit of work. All you have to do is...................." Folks,I`ve received quite a list of the facts. VLC does NOT work
out of box. As for the why, I`ve received a full list. As for the how, I`ve received a list. My point? I will keep on using
the 14.10. It works very well. As to the three other computers, I will not go into using business time to bring them
up to par. It`s not a hobby. It`s not for gaming. It`s not to become an IT. It`s simply to look at CODB closely(Cost
of Doing Business). Linux is definitely one of my computers,along with Windows 7,and four Macs.
I remain tuned to progress in the distros,that give more productivity. Meanwhile, my lone AsRock 3,0 Gig
duo computer will keep its honoured place in my office.PS. I have had 14.04,Mint,Zorin etc. None of them
worked with VLC.
Cheers
Thanks and
Staying tuned
Gene Henley



__._,_.___

Posted by: Gene Henley <mhenley2@verizon.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment