Monday, February 23, 2015

[LINUX_Newbies]Rebooting Linus/Unix- When in doubt, reboot? Not Unix boxes

 

Before doing a reboot, this author suggests finding the problem First.
When in doubt, reboot? Not Unix boxes

Rebooting Windows boxes is a way of life, but rebooting by default can you get you nowhere fast when running Unix

February 21, 2011 Paul Venezia [Blog The Deep End]

 http://www.infoworld.com/t/unix/when-in-doubt-reboot-not-unix-boxes-061?source=IFWNLE_nlt_blogs_2011-02-21

Last week, I wrote a little item titled "Nine traits of the veteran Unix admin." [BELOW] Had I known that a few hundred thousand people would read it in just a few days, I might have put on a clean shirt or something. Regardless, I'm sorry I stopped at nine. I had at least fifteen, but it was already a long post. <snip>

The article is still available on line.

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Ken (desco) Ramsey" <desco1kr@comcast.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (26)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment