Thursday, February 26, 2015

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] What computer should I buy?

 

Please add this to my wish list.
                  G H


On Feb 26, 2015, at 12:29 PM, ipscone@msdsite.com [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:

 

 

I would like to devote a single computer to Linux only.  Not sure what distribution I'll go with yet.  But my first problem is what hardware should I buy to use as my Linux station.

 

I do NOT want to build from scratch.

I do NOT want to pay a small forturne for the best PC out there.

I DO want a PC that works well as a Linux workstation.

I DOUBT I will do much graphics and such and definitely won't be doing gaming or other CPU demanding work.

I WILL likely be using other programs that deal with audio processing.

I plan to use this workstation mostly for learning Linux.

I would prefer to buy something locally, at Best Buy, Frys, etc, rather than online.

Whatever I buy should be ready to go.  I don't want to have to start removing and adding anything (hardware wise).

 

These area bout the only requirements I have at the moment.

 

Suggestions on a computer?



__._,_.___

Posted by: Gene Henley <mhenley2@verizon.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment