Tuesday, February 17, 2015

[nslu2-linux] Unable to get Unslung to existing external flash drive

 

Apologies for the cross-posting... not sure if either of these groups are particularly active any more.

I've had an NSLU2 successfully Unslung for about 7 years (quite the workhorse).  This weekend, I suffered a power outage, and wasn't able to SSH after the Slug came back up.  After some diagnostics, I discovered the IP address had reset to the factory default (192.168.1.77), and although I could access the web interface, I couldn't change the IP settings (kept getting the dreaded "Error: fail to get samba information".)

After poking around, I realized I had this problem...


So... I used telnet to connect to RedBoot (http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/TelnetIntoRedBoot), reset/recreated the SysConf area (http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/ResetSysConf), and re-flashed using Upslug2 to Unslung 6.10.

After all that, I'm successfully Unslung - but can only boot from internal flash.  I haven't been able to get the system to boot from my existing, 7 year old external flash drive.

What am I missing?  Is there some step I need to do to get the system to again be okay with booting from my external flash drive?  I don't want to start from scratch on a new boot disk, since I've configured this system to work well for my purposes.

Help?

__._,_.___

Posted by: "M.J. Johnson" <threeeyedtoad@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment