Monday, February 2, 2015

RE: [LINUX_Newbies] How to Enable DVD Playback in Ubuntu 14.04 | UbuntuHandbook

 

 

I would try that, I have used Norton ghost, and acronis for cloning etc. fyi acronis has a 21 day trial. are you using “wine” on Linux?

I have not installed the product but feedback you can run a lot of “windows apps on Linux” by using wine.

 

Thx,

 

Neil

 

From: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com [mailto:LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Mon. Feb 02, 2015 11:26am
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [LINUX_Newbies] How to Enable DVD Playback in Ubuntu 14.04 | UbuntuHandbook

 

 

 All the same!

                           Gene H

On Feb 2, 2015, at 10:48 AM, 'Neil Smith' neilsmith1357@yahoo.com [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:



 

 

 

for the one that is working, is the computer the same? meaning same exact box, motherboard, video card, nic card etc? do you have anything on the box that is not working that you need? if it’s like like boxes I would clone the one that is working and put the image on box that is not. If you need data on the box that is not working make a backup image of that so you can flip it back if need be.

 

Thx,

 

Neil

 

From: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com [mailto:LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Mon. Feb 02, 2015 10:37am
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] How to Enable DVD Playback in Ubuntu 14.04 | UbuntuHandbook

 

 

http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2014/04/enable-dvd-playback-ubuntu-14-04/

I do have VLC on my 14.10 computer. God knows why it works here and not with my other three similar computers.
I did precisely and exactly the same thing with the others.i.e. I upgraded from 14.04 to 14.10. To this day, I`ve
never tried one stroke of Terminal. I`ve asked this question of a few forums. Reply. " It`s works fine for me. Setup
requires a little bit of work. All you have to do is...................." Folks,I`ve received quite a list of the facts. VLC does NOT work
out of box. As for the why, I`ve received a full list. As for the how, I`ve received a list. My point? I will keep on using
the 14.10. It works very well. As to the three other computers, I will not go into using business time to bring them
up to par. It`s not a hobby. It`s not for gaming. It`s not to become an IT. It`s simply to look at CODB closely(Cost
of Doing Business). Linux is definitely one of my computers,along with Windows 7,and four Macs.
I remain tuned to progress in the distros,that give more productivity. Meanwhile, my lone AsRock 3,0 Gig
duo computer will keep its honoured place in my office.PS. I have had 14.04,Mint,Zorin etc. None of them
worked with VLC.
Cheers
Thanks and
Staying tuned
Gene Henley



 

 

__._,_.___

Posted by: "Neil Smith" <neilsmith1357@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment