Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Need help restoring ssh access

 

Hello!
Here's a surprise. The cable he used in his blog? Is an oddity, its
colors disagree with the majority of cables and colored wire out
there. I have two specific, and none of them match his.

Further along I've received my two back up plugs, the Pro is running
after a disagreement, the classic (Pink) plug just arrived, and its
guts do agree with that photo naturally.

There's a whole movement afoot to describe how to install and keep
console cables in place on related hardware, not the NSLU2 of course,
but the Seagate Dockstar platform.

My next steps with either of the two, will be deciding what to run on
either of them.....

And say? Did the items you needed arrive yet?
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@gmail.com
"This signature fought the Time Wars, time and again."

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 11:21 AM, stevedemento@yahoo.com [nslu2-linux]
<nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
>
>
> I guess the only option is to go with the serial cable route, as described
> in this excellent blog. Then I can use my laptop directly to add the
> "/etc/init.d/S40shhd start" somewhere that it will run on boot. For less
> than $5 I ordered a pl2303hx usb-to-ttl(rs232) converter and a CD to
> Soundblaster cable. I report how it all went when the parts arrive.
> Regards...
>
> -Stevied
>
>

__._,_.___

Posted by: Gregg Levine <gregg.drwho8@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment