Saturday, February 14, 2015

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] install VLC

 

You do not need to use the terminal to install VLC. If you have the PPA added to your sources already then just open the package manager and update then install vlc. It will use the PPA as your source for the deb file instead of the one in Ubuntu's repositories. I prefer Synaptic for may package manager because it tells you the origin of the file and lists all of the dependencies. But any package manager should be alble to do this without resorting to the dreaded commandline.

Roy


On Friday, February 13, 2015 6:06 PM, "Gene Henley mhenley2@verizon.net [LINUX_Newbies]" <LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 

.

  I have Mint 17 in my AsRock computer,newly installed.
   I have 3.0 gig,32 bit duo processor,2 gig memory.
    My best info is that I must use terminal,repository,and PPA
     to install VLC. Understand that I define "NEWBIE" as yours
    truly. So, please give me the commands. I have never used 
     terminal.That means that I will use the commands you suggest.
    I will look up "terminal,command,sudo,etc.....,and try to get it
     agoin. VLC is not the only app I want to install.I have more.
    After VLC,I`ll try WINE,and go onward. Newbie!
           A work in progress.
                     Cheers
                          Gene Henley


__._,_.___

Posted by: Linux Canuck <linuxcanuck@yahoo.ca>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (38)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment