Tuesday, February 17, 2015

[nslu2-linux] Re: Unable to get Unslung to existing external flash drive

 

Thanks, will give that a go.


Is there any real difference between e2fsck and fsck? This article seems to indicate not...


Thanks again for the quick reply...

On Tuesday, February 17, 2015, Anthony Takata htwiz2002@gmail.com [nslu2-general] <nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


I'm going out on a limb, but could it be that it's not mounting because it needs to be checked?
Look into doing an e2fsck on your drive, once there are no errors reboot and see if that helps.

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 9:43 PM, 'M.J. Johnson' threeeyedtoad@gmail.com [nslu2-general] <nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Apologies for the cross-posting... not sure if either of these groups are particularly active any more.

I've had an NSLU2 successfully Unslung for about 7 years (quite the workhorse).  This weekend, I suffered a power outage, and wasn't able to SSH after the Slug came back up.  After some diagnostics, I discovered the IP address had reset to the factory default (192.168.1.77), and although I could access the web interface, I couldn't change the IP settings (kept getting the dreaded "Error: fail to get samba information".)

After poking around, I realized I had this problem...


So... I used telnet to connect to RedBoot (http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/TelnetIntoRedBoot), reset/recreated the SysConf area (http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/ResetSysConf), and re-flashed using Upslug2 to Unslung 6.10.

After all that, I'm successfully Unslung - but can only boot from internal flash.  I haven't been able to get the system to boot from my existing, 7 year old external flash drive.

What am I missing?  Is there some step I need to do to get the system to again be okay with booting from my external flash drive?  I don't want to start from scratch on a new boot disk, since I've configured this system to work well for my purposes.

Help?




__._,_.___

Posted by: "M.J. Johnson" <threeeyedtoad@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment