Sunday, February 22, 2015

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] LINUX_Newbies] Re: VLC in Mint 17

 

If you do resolve this please tell us the solution so that we can add it to our experience bank and help others. None here is an expert in everything but together we can be more than we are individually.

Roy


On Sunday, February 22, 2015 1:48 PM, "Gene Henley mhenley2@verizon.net [LINUX_Newbies]" <LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 
Duly noted. However, I am carefully counting the words and my perception of meanings.
I quote," I`d say that if SOMEONE knew, you`d have received an answer already." 
 I duly note your,"As I have already said( I think),I don`t know."
 Perhaps I have not made myself clear,as I admit my imperfect usage of English. I`ll
try again. There are problems as I have perceived,in VLC and Youtube,in various computers
using various distros. You have my leave to make this a given or not. If you do not,then we are 
at full stop in dialogue. Additionally,I have read that some that responded to my thread,have 
stated that they do not know,because they "have not seen it". Please forgive me for my 
possible misunderstanding,but are we restricted to answers for problems "not seen"?
 Is there a conclusion to be made that problems do not exist?  I also am in the "I do not know place".
Engrave that in stone. I you have seen it,is it this forum`s policy to avoid 
any interest in problems "not seen",because( I hope I`m wrong) that this forum ,"Newbies",
excludes any interest in problems not seen? My view,should there be any interest at all,is 
that there a closed door labelled," I don`t know. I haven`t seen it,and I`m not interested."
 Is there nothing to be gained by checking beneath the surface of" what I have seen".
 If this is so, any suggestion that I`m in the wrong forum,wasting bandwidth and time,will
 respectfully have my deference. There another possibility, I hope considered.
There just might be an interest in problems that some Newbie,your truly, encounters
which have not been seen in this group.Otherwise,I fear i waste your time and others. 
 I`ll stay with Linux. Never did I expect out of box no-problem. Perfection is not obtained
 in our real world. In case I did not mention it, VLC and Youtube have given me problems.
My google searches have shown my many references of these problems that "have not been
seen." I `m not looking for a comfort zone. I`ll look elsewhere. Am I in the right forum for
this endeavour, Simple yes or no,please. Who knows? I will go more places looking for 
answers for "problems not seen". Why?  Because they are there.
  P.S. Should there any want for a detailed report on what computers,distros, updates,terminal
 commands apps,etc...........,please let me know,or let me know I`m off topic and in violation of
forum rules. I`m too interested in finding these answers to be offended. 
           
                              Respectfully,
                                 Gene Henley
                                     Newbie
                                   








On Feb 22, 2015, at 11:39 AM, Scott scottro@nyc.rr.com [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:<<<

 
On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 08:19:59AM -0500, Gene Henley mhenley2@verizon.net [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
> Duly noted. However,the fact is that you do not simply say you just do not know. I respectfully accept that as an answer,simply stated,should you posit it.

> Should there be no one that can respond with answers on this forum,should suggestions include only cut only cut,try,substitute,screw up,and give up? > How about, "I don`t know.

I'd say that if someone knew, you'd have gotten an answer already. As I've
already said, (I think), I don't know.




__._,_.___

Posted by: Linux Canuck <linuxcanuck@yahoo.ca>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (20)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment