Wednesday, April 1, 2015

[LINUX_Newbies] Linux Backup

 

I am in the process of building up a "new" Linux machine for my wife.  I have loaded Linux Mint and updated it. My wife is currently using the same version of Mint on her current machine.  I have used the Mint software backup/restore to bring over the downloaded software.


What is the easiest/quickest procedure to transfer all her files, email (Thunderbird), browser (Firefox) settings and desktop configuration to the new box.


Am I correct in assuming that some directories besides home will be required? 


Thanks,


Rick

__._,_.___

Posted by: ve7tk@yahoo.ca
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment