Thursday, April 30, 2015

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] libdvdread4 libdvdcss Movie

 

good afternoon
thank You for help.

I am ++

> >
> > libdvdread4
> > libdvdcss
> >
> > These tools are needed only for commercial videos? Do I need the files
> > for selfmade digicam videos?
>
> Probably not.
+++
I have to install both only when I want to use commercial videos, isnt it.

>
> >
> > k3b was installed already and I can burn txt cds.
> >
> > Now the big problem. We make videos with a digicam. Then we watch it.
> > But we mail the wmv or avi or mpg to friends and some friends cannot
> > read the files.
>
> Do you have a website where you can put up one of these?
>
> > So the question is:
> > How can I convert a video so every mac win95 linux can see the video.
>
> You probably can't because it seems that each version of Windows or Mac
> changes what is needed for viewing.
+++
I suggest I need a very old format. mp4 is new.
I now there are many avis and one avi is going and the other avi is not
working. So there are many avis. So I use wmv for myself and this is
working on our computers here in the office.

The mp4 format seems to be pretty
> popular, but a Windows user will have to install quicktime.
+++
Thank You.

>
> > What is a container?
> > Should I convert with vlc?
>
> I don't know how to convert with vlc. You can use ffmpeg to convert almost
> format into any other format. It is command line, though. I think I gave a
> link to my page but it's http://srobb.net/dvds.html
>
Thank You.This helped a lot.

Regards Sophie

__._,_.___

Posted by: "highskywhy@yahoo.de" <highskywhy@yahoo.de>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (16)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment