Monday, April 20, 2015

[nslu2-linux] My Optware fork

 

Dear all! I know NSLU2-Linux project is basically stalled, but I hope this read will still be interesting for someone still subscribed to the list.
For few months I've been working in my spear time to get up-to-date Optware I could use on my routers. And here it is:
My Optware fork project

I currently maintain two feeds:
-buildroot-armeabi
-buildroot-mipsel

These feeds are firmware-independent and can be used on basically any device running Linux with appropriate architecture. They're both uClibc-0.9.33.2 gcc-4.9.2 binutils-2.25 targets. The ARM feed is soft-float ARM EABI (aka 'armel' in Debian), while MIPS feed is softfloat MIPSEL (mips32r2).
I test the feeds on TomatoUSB ARM and MIPSEL routers myself, buildroot-armeabi has been also confirmed to work with recent dd-wrt. Anything ARM/MIPSEL which is more or less recent should run the feeds fine.

Compared to the original Optware, except being firmware-independent and having modern toolchains, my fork also has numerous packages upgraded, fixed and added. I also got some X11 GTK+-2 and GTK+-3 applications to work.

Bootstraping instructions can be found on the dd-wrt forum:

All the building is being done on my laptop, and the feeds are hosted on my home server. I basically started the whole thing because it is fun, but now it's turning into something useful. What I'm really missing is an appropriate hosting options, since my ISP isn't really fault-proof)) And, of course, I always appreciate any kind of feedback.

Also, if you're an Optware developer, and you're missing the good old days like I do, I'm looking forward to your pull requests))

And I'm open to suggestions in general :) 

--
Best regards,
Alex Potapenko

__._,_.___

Posted by: Alex Potapenko <opotapenko@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment