Thursday, April 2, 2015

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Linux Backup

 

On 4/2/2015 12:23 AM, ve7tk@yahoo.ca [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
 

I am in the process of building up a "new" Linux machine for my wife.  I have loaded Linux Mint and updated it. My wife is currently using the same version of Mint on her current machine.  I have used the Mint software backup/restore to bring over the downloaded software.



    OK, for Thunderbird, the best way is to backup the Thunderbird directory, move it to the new machine, and create a profile, pointing it to the directory. Everything should transfer over fine (I keep my email directory on a portable hard drive, and move it from computer to computer; I use it on my Linux VM's as well as Windows). Thunderbird doesn't open to the profile manager, use the argument "-p" (without the quotes).

    Firefox has a feature where you can keep your account info on a cloud server (it's encrypted). It's the "Sync" tab in the options. Here is the official "help" page on that: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-set-up-firefox-sync

    Bart

__._,_.___

Posted by: Bart Lidofsky <bart@moosewise.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment