Friday, April 17, 2015

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Flash

 

I've got one for you guys. It's probably an easy fix but sure is aggravating!

I get "Unresponsive script" errors on nearly every page I open. This all started suddenly and without any changes to settings by me.

Also, I need to update Firefox but when I click the shield it says I am up to date. I'm using Mint 16 32 bit and very satisfied other than this. It's driving me CRAZY(er)!

Thanks,

Mark


On 04/17/2015 03:29 PM, Scott scottro@nyc.rr.com [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:
 

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 08:10:44PM +0200, 'highskywhy@yahoo.de' highskywhy@yahoo.de [LINUX_Newbies] wrote:

> good afternoon. Only FF should read Flash.
> I wish:
> FF
> start
> empty box.
> I do nothing, no flash.
> I click in the box, now Flash starts.

While this is a newbies list, this one takes about 3 seconds of googling.

In the firefox address bar type

about:config

In the line saying search type in

click

This will give you a few things, and should something like

plugins.click_to_play.

If it reads false, double click it which should change it to true.
However, this is just for flash. Youtube, for example, now does videos
with html5 in many cases, and that, at present, requires using something
like noscript to prevent it from playing when opening the page.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6


--
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

__._,_.___

Posted by: Mark Atkins <mratkins@embarqmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment