Thursday, September 24, 2009

[LINUX_Newbies] MINIMIZING APPLICATIONS WITHOUT CLOSING

 

A few weeks back I upgraded to the 9.04 version of Ubuntu (Kubuntu).
Ever since then I have been having problems trying to minimize (not
close out) an application. When I click the minimize ikon (the downward
pointing karot to the right of the restore diamond), the application
does not go down to the panel as one would suspect. It disappears
completely. I looked online and saw there was some information about
a couple programs to fix that problem, but shouldn't that be built right
into the software (as I thought it was before)? I don't want to have
to always call up an additional module to do something that should be
automatic. This is a setback and it makes Ubuntu (Kubuntu) harder to
use. What am I overlooking?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me. --Jerry in Michigan

__._,_.___
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment