Tuesday, September 29, 2009

[LINUX_Newbies] Re:Linux Capable Printers

 

Dear Majorridge67:
Go grab an HP OfficeJet 6310 4-in-1. I purchased mine about a
month ago at Office Max for $55.00. (Yes, it was a big sale.) I
plugged it into my router via a CAT-5e cable. I connected my Ubuntu
laptop via wireless to the same router. I told the laptop to hunt for
network printers. It asked if I wanted to install the 6300. I said
'yes'. It then downloaded the drivers and did the setup. Now I am able
to print from the comfort of my living room chair. (I am in this chair
now and my lap is crowded. It contains a Ubuntu laptop and a Siamese
cat who is trying to sleep.)

The HP6300 is a FAX, copier, scanner, and printer. The printer portion
is color inkjet so it is also color FAX and copier. And I paid $55.00.
(I also purchased the three year warranty for another $15.00.) Because
I purchased it locally, shipping costs were zero. Call around.
It came with starter ink packages. I am yet to run out of ink but
my ancient B/W HP LaserJet 4L does the bulk work.

Thorin
Milwaukee, WI

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New web site?

Drive traffic now.

Get your business

on Yahoo! search.

Yahoo! Groups

Auto Enthusiast Zone

Love cars? Check out the

Auto Enthusiast Zone

Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Bi-polar disorder

Find support

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment