Thursday, September 24, 2009

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Re. SWAP...I may need LESS (bottom-posted)

 

--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Darksyde" <m_alexander61@...> wrote:
> <snip>
> My Swap shows 8871 available (0 used). Would it behoove me to downsize? I have 66 Gig available disk space (32%) and I have almost every app. I should ever need plus many I'll *eventually* delete.
> Mark
>
I would not mess with it. First, 66 GB is a huge amount of data space.
Second, if you reduce to 4GB swap, you still have only gotten to 70 GB.
In other words it would not make much difference. Swap space is like
a New Car warranty. You have it in hopes of *never* using it.

Loyal

__._,_.___
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment