Saturday, September 19, 2009

Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: SlugOS boot problems

 

Okay

so I got back in, but then had too start again on the flash drive to get a working system back!

I'm now at the stage where I've installed afp - it works fine. I've shared a folder, can see the share from the mac, but having major permissions issues.

Logging in as guest over afp, I have read-only access.

Logging in as anything except root directly on the slug, I only have readonly permission. So it's obviously not afp that's the problem (i have write access to guest's home directory on my mac over afp), but I've spent hours trying to change permission on the directory, trying to add permissions when mounting etc. and nothing works. I'm at a loss as to what to try next. I've read everything on nslu2-linux.org and can't find anyone having this problem, which means either something's broken or I'm doing something really stupid.

Help?!


Matt

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 7:35 AM, brukernavn32 <hr.public@lonningdal.net> wrote:
 

If you have a HDD connected to the system try to disconnect HDD at boot.



--- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "matttancock" <matttancock@...> wrote:
>
> I've just flashed to slugOS, and could boot up and log in via ssh fine.
>
> Was following procedures here (http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/SlugOS/InstallandTurnupABasicSlugOSSystem) to move to using a flash disk as root drive. I formatted the drive, copied the files across etc. as instructed then rebooted...
>
> I never got my 3 beeps... I can ping the slug, and it responds, but can't ssh into it. Have tried rebooting and get the same result.
>
> Apart from re-flashing I don't really know what to do, which is fine, I can re-flash but can't work out what I've done wrong to prevent it happening next time. Anyone got any ideas? I've searched, read the wiki etc. but can't find anything similar...
>


__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment