Tuesday, September 15, 2009

[nslu2-linux] Re: mediatomb transcoding

 

--- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "h_ching" <h_ching@...> wrote:
>
> --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "h_ching" <h_ching@> wrote:
> >
> > I am wondering if anyone has experience in this. I am trying to get mediatomb to transcode from my slug and my sheevaplug but the standard install is missing the mpeg2video encoder.
> >
> > After a bit of research, I learned that I need to install libavcodec-unstripped-51 but apt-get install libavcodec-unstripped-51 gives me
> >
> > Package libavcodec-unstripped-51 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
> > This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
> > is only available from another source
> > E: Package libavcodec-unstripped-51 has no installation candidate
> >
> > Any idea on how do I get this to work? I am using Debian Lenny distro.
> >
> > Thanks in advance. Henry
> >
>
>
> Anyone has any thoughts on this or am I going about it the wrong way?
>

I wouldn't bother trying to get the slug to transcode video, it just doesn't pack enough punch.

You may get more mileage out of the Sheevaplug though, but I've not got one to play with (yet :-) so can't comment.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Finance

It's Now Personal

Guides, news,

advice & more.

Biz Resources

Y! Small Business

Articles, tools,

forms, and more.

Hollywood kids

in the spotlight

Their moms

share secrets

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment