Sunday, September 20, 2009

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] udf DVD's, how to play them under Mint 6?

 

Scott wrote:
>> No worries, vlc is an open source player so it can do that as well,
>> CTRL+ALT+F2
>> and after login, #cvlc "Vanessa-Mae - 02 - Contradanza (M. Bratt).ogg"
>> or for the audiophiles among us
>> #cvlc "02 Contradanza (M. Bratt).flac"
> Tried that, still gives a bunch of errors to terminal, though it
> definitely plays the music. Might be a CentOS issue, but I'm simply too
> lazy to look into it.

I get those as well, I was just pointing out that it is possible to use
vlc from command line. I am sure there is a way to get rid of the errors
but I did not look into it since I use a GUI on my personal machines.
Since I run a GUI, I use GUI tools to play movies and music.
My servers don't have a GUI but I would never play music on a server so
my recommendation, as a solution to the original DVD playing issue,
stands. Use vlc instead of mplayer, it works better.

But since this is Linux we are talking about, there are different ways
of doing things. Scott's way is mplayer :)

--
John
In den verdorbensten Staaten gibt es die meisten Gesetze.
[Tacitus]

__._,_.___
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
New business?

Get new customers.

List your web site

in Yahoo! Search.

Yahoo! Groups

Small Business Group

A community for

small business owners

Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Schizophrenia groups

Find support

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment