Wednesday, September 23, 2009

[nslu2-linux] Cant get Mysql conenction on Ruby 1.9 on Unslung

 

I have a NSLU2 with Unslung firmware.

I have installed ruby using ipkg, and the version that came was 1.9.
I have also installed mysql server using ipkg, and the version was 4.1.2.
Now I need to connect to that mysql server from my ruby code but; I can't
install any Ruby Mysql adapters becuase of the 1.9 version I have.

I have tried the "Ruby/Mysql" API written in Ruby but; it gives "Packets out
of order" error where I can connect to Mysql server from other computers (I
have checked user privileges etc stuff on mysql).

I have tried installing mysql gem using 'gem install ruby' but; since that
requires 'make'ing of external files it didn't install on NSLU2.

What else can I do?

Does anyone have the old Ruby 1.8.X version ipk so that I can install that?
I guess that would solve my problem...?

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment