Tuesday, August 17, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Best netbook distro--opinions, anyone?

 

Well, I now have two new machines in my possession temporarily--my own new one and an Asus 1005PA netbook. This puppy has an Atom 450 processor, integrated graphics, a 250 GB hard drive, and I have already upped the RAM to its maximum of 2 GB. I'll only have it for three weeks or so, as it is destined for my stepson in Ukraine. Meanwhile, though, I thought it might be interesting to play with a netbook distro or two--I now have it dual booting with Kubuntu Netbook Edition, which I'm not yet sure I like.

So what do y'all think? I'm considering giving Meego a spin, but other than that I haven't a clue.

Regarding the UL30--I will be returning the Samsung external DVD writer I bought for it on Thursday, as it can only seem to burn coasters. Of course, if successive burners do this then I'll have to look seriously at the machine itself--so I do hope it's just a faulty DVD unit.

david

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment