Monday, August 23, 2010

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Best netbook distro--opinions, anyone?

 

I have Ran Mandriva 2009, Open Suse, and Kubuntu on my netbook ... I really like Kubuntu the best on my 1101HA. Having a full blown distro seems to be the way to go ...

ironmantis7x

--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "kupkake191" <bsddaemon@...> wrote:
>
> I'm running Ubuntu Desktop 10.04 on my Dell Mini 10, and it runs smooth with only 1G of RAM. I've tried PCBSD and as yet they are not supporting the bastardized graphics card from intel (GPA500) that is in my system. Like you I tried Kubuntu and I didn't care for it, as I thought the regular desktop version had more features. EasyPeasy ran well also.
>
> --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "dbneeley" <dbneeley@> wrote:
> >
> > Well, I now have two new machines in my possession temporarily--my own new one and an Asus 1005PA netbook. This puppy has an Atom 450 processor, integrated graphics, a 250 GB hard drive, and I have already upped the RAM to its maximum of 2 GB. I'll only have it for three weeks or so, as it is destined for my stepson in Ukraine. Meanwhile, though, I thought it might be interesting to play with a netbook distro or two--I now have it dual booting with Kubuntu Netbook Edition, which I'm not yet sure I like.
> >
> > So what do y'all think? I'm considering giving Meego a spin, but other than that I haven't a clue.
> >
> > Regarding the UL30--I will be returning the Samsung external DVD writer I bought for it on Thursday, as it can only seem to burn coasters. Of course, if successive burners do this then I'll have to look seriously at the machine itself--so I do hope it's just a faulty DVD unit.
> >
> > david
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment