Thursday, August 19, 2010

[nslu2-linux] nslu2 optware sendmail configuration

 

Hi,

How to I generate a custom sendmail.cf file without editing the file
directly? From what I understand is that the sendmail.cf file is
generated during the build precess by the site-config.m4 macro and the
patch config.patch. The sendmail package build process does not make
use of m4 macros. I would like to use the modifications already
applied in sendmail.cf, ie. custom path to config files in /opt, as a
starting point for my own configuration. In particular I want to add
from an to address rewriting and use m4 macros described at
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Sendmail-Address-Rewrite.html.

I am a total sendmail beginner and don't know how to edit sendmail.cf
directly. I also tried other simpler MTA's, but it looks like sendmail
is the best option as I don't need to run it as a daemon just to send
a couple of messages to a smarthost and it has all the address
rewriting capabilities I need for backuppc which e.g. ssmtp lacks.

Thanks for any help.
Alexander

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment