Thursday, August 19, 2010

[nslu2-linux] Re: nslu2 optware sendmail configuration

 

Sorry, all wrong...before using the sed.sh script the test.cf file
needs to be created from test.mc using m4:

$ m4 test.mc > temp.cf

then

$ sed.sh temp.cf test.cf

Alexander

On 19 August 2010 21:32, Alexander Pohl <a.h.pohl@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found a solution to produce a valid configuration file test.cf from
> m4 macros. First I created the m4 macro file test.mc with my
> modifications:
>
> $ cat test.mc:
>
> include(cf/m4/cf.m4)
>
> OSTYPE(linux)
>
> define(`ALIAS_FILE',`/etc/mail/aliases')
> define(`SMART_HOST',`my.smarthost.com')
>
> GENERICS_DOMAIN_FILE(`/etc/mail/genericsdomain')
>
> FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)
> FEATURE(genericstable, `hash -o /etc/mail/genericstable')
>
> MAILER(local)
> MAILER(smtp)
>
> Then I used sed to reflect the /opt/etc and /opt/var directories:
>
> $ cat sed.sh:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> sed -e 's/\/etc/\/opt\/etc/' -e 's/\/var/\/opt\/var/' -e 's/usr/opt/'
> -e 's/\/opt\/etc\/hosts/\/etc\/hosts/' $1 > $2
>
> $ sed.sh test.mc test.cf
>
> And voila! here is the valid configuration file for the optware
> sendmail package created using m4 macros.
>
> Alexander
>
>
> On 19 August 2010 11:19, Alexander Pohl <a.h.pohl@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> How to I generate a custom sendmail.cf file without editing the file
>> directly? From what I understand is that the sendmail.cf file is
>> generated during the build precess by the site-config.m4 macro and the
>> patch config.patch. The sendmail package build process does not make
>> use of m4 macros. I would like to use the modifications already
>> applied in sendmail.cf, ie. custom path to config files in /opt, as a
>> starting point for my own configuration. In particular I want to add
>> from an to address rewriting and use m4 macros described at
>> http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Sendmail-Address-Rewrite.html.
>>
>> I am a total sendmail beginner and don't know how to edit sendmail.cf
>> directly. I also tried other simpler MTA's, but it looks like sendmail
>> is the best option as I don't need to run it as a daemon just to send
>> a couple of messages to a smarthost and it has all the address
>> rewriting capabilities I need for backuppc which e.g. ssmtp lacks.
>>
>> Thanks for any help.
>> Alexander
>>
>

--
Alexander Pohl
42 Sutherland Beck
Didcot OX11 7FF
Phone: +44 (0)118 3216972
Mobile: +44 (0)79 10678913

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment