Thursday, August 19, 2010

[nslu2-linux] Re: nslu2 optware sendmail configuration

 

Hi,

I found a solution to produce a valid configuration file test.cf from
m4 macros. First I created the m4 macro file test.mc with my
modifications:

$ cat test.mc:

include(cf/m4/cf.m4)

OSTYPE(linux)

define(`ALIAS_FILE',`/etc/mail/aliases')
define(`SMART_HOST',`my.smarthost.com')

GENERICS_DOMAIN_FILE(`/etc/mail/genericsdomain')

FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)
FEATURE(genericstable, `hash -o /etc/mail/genericstable')

MAILER(local)
MAILER(smtp)

Then I used sed to reflect the /opt/etc and /opt/var directories:

$ cat sed.sh:

#!/bin/sh
sed -e 's/\/etc/\/opt\/etc/' -e 's/\/var/\/opt\/var/' -e 's/usr/opt/'
-e 's/\/opt\/etc\/hosts/\/etc\/hosts/' $1 > $2

$ sed.sh test.mc test.cf

And voila! here is the valid configuration file for the optware
sendmail package created using m4 macros.

Alexander

On 19 August 2010 11:19, Alexander Pohl <a.h.pohl@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How to I generate a custom sendmail.cf file without editing the file
> directly? From what I understand is that the sendmail.cf file is
> generated during the build precess by the site-config.m4 macro and the
> patch config.patch. The sendmail package build process does not make
> use of m4 macros. I would like to use the modifications already
> applied in sendmail.cf, ie. custom path to config files in /opt, as a
> starting point for my own configuration. In particular I want to add
> from an to address rewriting and use m4 macros described at
> http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Sendmail-Address-Rewrite.html.
>
> I am a total sendmail beginner and don't know how to edit sendmail.cf
> directly. I also tried other simpler MTA's, but it looks like sendmail
> is the best option as I don't need to run it as a daemon just to send
> a couple of messages to a smarthost and it has all the address
> rewriting capabilities I need for backuppc which e.g. ssmtp lacks.
>
> Thanks for any help.
> Alexander
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment