Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: network problems in upgrade mode

 

I did try that, but I don't have a x-over cable so not sure if it will work/what settings I should put into the network interface, or will it not actually work without a xover? I've got a macbook pro....


Thanks!

Matt

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 8:12 PM, rolandkbs <roland.krebs@koff.ch> wrote:
 

When I had the same problem, I solved it by connection the slug directly to my computer, without router/switch/hub inbetween. Just give it a try.

Roland



--- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Matt Tancock <matttancock@...> wrote:
>
> I'm trying to reflash my slug. I'm running slugOS and a while back I lost
> the ability to ssh into my slug, but my media server was still running. This
> week the media server stopped working and I have no way to fix it! So
> decided to try reflashing. When it's running (which it appears to be -
> although I can ssh in if I remove the USB stick) it connects to the network
> fine - if I go to my router configuration, I can see the IP address assigned
> along with MAC address etc.
>
> As soon as I put it into upgrade mode,I get the green/red flashing light and
> the ethernet light is solid, along with my router light saying it detects a
> connection, but my slug doesn't appear on the network, can't be found by
> upslug2 and is generally not there. I've tried the process several times and
> nothing is working.
>
> Not sure what to do now...
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Matt
>


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment