Tuesday, August 10, 2010

[nslu2-linux] cross compiling rtorrent

 

hello,

This is my first time cross compiling, so bear with me please.

I am trying to make an ipk for libtorrent (0.12.6) I have set up the cross compilation toolchain and managed to produce a package with no changes in configuration (supposedly a copy of the one in the optware feed). Problem is it does not have same md5sum as the ipkg-opt package, and ipkg-opt refuses to install it, therefore I cannot test it

Can someone tell me how to test my build of libtorrent and how to make the changes in the CXXFLAGS recommended by the developer and how to make sure that i compile with the 3.10 toolchain as i read in the wiki?

On a more general note, can someone explain why these special conditions for the compilation of libtorrent are not incorporated on the ipk for the slugosbe feed? With my limited knowledge of the optware feed, I understand that one can built all the packages for all targets, with the possibility to pass special compiling conditions according to DISTRO or MACHINE. This way, one would be able to update the software on the slug without the hassle of breaking rtorrent.

In the files section one can find unofficial builds of libtorrent but they are old (v 0.12.4). If I succeed in my efforts I am willing to upload an unofficial build but I would like someone to test it and verify it.

Anyway, it is fun learning knew stuff.

Thank you
Antonis

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment