Friday, August 20, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Best netbook distro--opinions, anyone?

 

I like an ubuntu derivative "easypeasy" placed on my netbooks.

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 4:24 PM, Roy <linuxcanuck@gmail.com> wrote:

> I run regular GNOME (Ubuntu 10.04) on my 900. It came with XP, but it is
> dog. It runs fine but it takes too much maintenance for me. On Ubuntu I
> change icon and font sizes (smaller) and get rid of the
> bottom bar.
>
> Roy
>
> On 18 August 2010 06:48, Scott <scottro@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 04:25:58AM -0400, J wrote:
> > > On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 00:34, Scott <scottro@nyc.rr.com<scottro%
> 40nyc.rr.com>>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >
> > > > I have FreeBSD on my 1000HE, but it took more work to get it going
> than
> > > > it did with any of the mainstream Linux distributions.
> > >
> > > I would say that you are a sick, sick man, but yesterday I installed
> > > and ran a small UEC cloud across a couple VBox VMs on my laptop...
> > > what is wrong with me?
> > >
> >
> > New boss, would like a BSD box or two, and due to this job, I've had no
> > time to play with it. When he said that, my two co-workers said, "I
> > don't think I've seen Scott this happy in years." It's my first love,
> > and of course, one of the things it (generally) has over Linux is the
> > documentation, which makes the more complex things much easier. I
> > haven't, however, had much time to work with it, even at home, for a
> > couple of years.
> >
> > It actually wasn't hard, it's just that it might be difficult for a
> > newcomer, and due to the hplip port being somewhat broken, can't use it
> > with my scanner, but aside from that--took only a little longer to set
> > up than Fedora, though longer than Ubuntu. (Fedora, I do a minimal
> > install and have to add everything afterwards, as I customize it
> > heavily.)
> >
> >
> > --
> > Scott Robbins
> > PGP keyID EB3467D6
> > ( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
> > gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6
> >
> > Angel: Acathla turned to stone, as demons sometimes do, and
> > was buried
> > where neither man nor demon would want to look...unless, of course,
> > they're
> > putting up low-rent housing.
> >
> >
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> To unsubscribe from this list, please email
> LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo!
> Groups Links
>
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment