Saturday, August 28, 2010

[nslu2-linux] Re:upnp/dlna servers with Unslung

 

Hi,

My NSLU (266 MHz) runs TwonkyMedia without any problem. I have a TV with DNLA support (Philips 9604-series model) and 100 Mbps ethernet. 720p and lower-resolution videos run fine, there is only a slight delay when starting the video (a few seconds). There are no hickups once the video has started. I recently replaced my NSLU with a Synology DS209. There I have the same delay so it appears to be caused by the TV. 
For HD videos the NSLU or the 100Mpbs connection is too low; there are hickups while playing the video.

Besides Twonky my NLSU is also running Apache and Samba so I think it is safe to say the NSLU is powerfull enough to be used as a media server. 

Note that the latest versions of Twonky do not work on the NSLU anymore. I used a license key of a new version in combination with older software I downloaded somewhere else. Google around a bit. If you want to I can send you the urls of the sites I used to get it working.

When you are only interested in Audio; the mt-daapd server works fine on the NSLU also. I had it running in combination with a Pinnacle mediaplayer and that worked fine also. Advantage over Twonky; its free.'

Hope this helps.

Andreas

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment