Tuesday, August 17, 2010

[nslu2-linux] network problems in upgrade mode

 

I'm trying to reflash my slug. I'm running slugOS and a while back I lost the ability to ssh into my slug, but my media server was still running. This week the media server stopped working and I have no way to fix it! So decided to try reflashing. When it's running (which it appears to be - although I can ssh in if I remove the USB stick) it connects to the network fine - if I go to my router configuration, I can see the IP address assigned along with MAC address etc.


As soon as I put it into upgrade mode,I get the green/red flashing light and the ethernet light is solid, along with my router light saying it detects a connection, but my slug doesn't appear on the network, can't be found by upslug2 and is generally not there. I've tried the process several times and nothing is working.

Not sure what to do now...

Any suggestions?

Matt

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment