Saturday, August 14, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: The new machine...

 

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 10:28:59AM -0000, dbneeley wrote:
>
>
> By the way, I also bought a Sony PRS 600 Touch ebook reader--and Calibre works quite well with it, although it is not explicitly supported in the device list. For those who don't know, Calibre is an ebook program available both for Linux and Windows. It not only handles library management, but it also does conversion between various ebook formats so if you get an ebook in a format your reader may not support, it is very likely Calibre can transform it to one your reader can deal with. It also serves as a good reader application if you don't have a reader, but want to read the books and such on your computer.
>

I have to add my recommendation of Calibre--I liked it so much, I
donated money to them through their site. Excellent program and seems
to handle most ebook formats.

I have found that Fedora, Ubuntu, and Arch's versions all seemed to have
some limitations that I didn't find when I got the program from
Calibre's site. The pre-packaged versions all seemed to have trouble
with one format or another, but when I got it directly from the Calibre
site, it worked with everything. (I couldn't install it on CentOS, as
CentOS' library versions were too old--or maybe python, I don't
remember, but regardless, used it with a VM and everything was fine.)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

Xander: All right, where is he? Where's the creep who turned me
into a spider-eating man-bitch?
Buffy: He's gone.
Xander: Dammit. You know what? I'm sick of this. I'm tired of
being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As
of this moment, it's over. I'm through being everybody's
butt-monkey!
Buffy: Check. No more butt-monkey.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment