Saturday, August 21, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: 64-bit Linux issues

 

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 05:53:48AM -0400, J wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 04:53, dbneeley <dbneeley@gmail.com> wrote:
> > So far, I've just tried Kubuntu and Mint with KDE interface.
>
> Are you even sure this is a 64bit capable processor? Seriously... I
> just did a 5-min google and didn't really find anything that actually
> SAID it was 64bit.

I did find a few mentioning the processor and they did say that it
shipped with Windows 64 bit Home Premium. (I had the same thought, and
also did a quick google. Great minds run in similar channels, but of
course, so do sewers.)

> I DID find the Intel specs for it, but honestly, if you've ever read a
> processor spec you'll understand why I chose not to read through it at
> this early hour... besides, I have to meet someone in the hotel lobby
> in about 10 minutes and I'm only half dressed (hoping it doesn't
> rain!)

Shame on you--married and going to meet someone in hotel lobbies.
Oh....
never mind, see above about mind running in sewers.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

Angel: Buffy, careful with this gift. Lots of things that seem
strong and good and powerful, they can be painful.
Buffy: Like, say, immortality?
Angel: Exactly. I'm dying to get rid of that.
Buffy: Funny.
Angel: I'm a funny guy.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment