Wednesday, August 25, 2010

[nslu2-linux] upnp/dlna servers with Unslung

 

Hi all,
I'd like to share and ask you what server you're using to stream your files on your TV.
Before I used ushare with my PS3 and everything worked fine, but now I have a new Panasonic TV and I'd rather stream everything directly on the screen rather than turn on the PS3, choose the server and so on...

So this is where I am with my TV:

Ushare: works fine with photos but can't stream mp3 or videos (whether the DLNA/PS3 option is "yes" or "no" in the .conf file)

Mediatomb: works fine and streams everything fine but the problem is it's depserately slow to update the new files. The "full scan" on the web interface is definitely too slow everytime I add new picts or sounds.

Minidlna: can't get it started!? I install it on the slug but then I don't know what to do / where to go to get it started. Is there a daemon mode or something I'm missing?

Fuppes: same problem, can't get it started. I know there is an "init script" to create but I don't know how to do that using the telnet connection (+ permission issues)

So if you can help me or guide me with any of these (especially minidlna or fuppes); or if you have any other server to suggest, I'd be glad to test your solutions.

++

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment