Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Best netbook distro--opinions, anyone?

 

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 00:34, Scott <scottro@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 02:58:57AM -0000, dbneeley wrote:
> I gave my wife standard Ubuntu, and removed the bottom panel. I'm not a
> big fan of the netbook/meego/moblin layouts, but that might just be me
> being oldfashion.
>
> Jeff will probably chime in with a vote for #!Crunchbang, which, in
> lighter moments, I've called ArchLinux for busy people (which is a
> highly inaccurate description, but those who've used both probably get
> it).

Actually, I find WindowsXP to run very well on my netbook. ;-)

Seriously though... yeah I'll +1 #!Crunchbang. It's nice and light
and has an easily customizable UI and all that noise.

I also have Fedora, Ubuntu UNE and Ubuntu Maverick Desktop installed
as well and boot back and forth. I've had some other things on there
as well just for fun (Puppy once for about an hour, SuSE, etc)

> I have FreeBSD on my 1000HE, but it took more work to get it going than
> it did with any of the mainstream Linux distributions.

I would say that you are a sick, sick man, but yesterday I installed
and ran a small UEC cloud across a couple VBox VMs on my laptop...
what is wrong with me?

heh

Cheers,
Jeff

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment