Wednesday, August 18, 2010

[nslu2-linux] Very slow or failing transfers

 

Hi, My slug which has been sat on a shelf doing a great job for the last couple of years but recently has started giving me very slow transfer speeds.
I am running V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.10-beta
As my system disk was quite old and not long ago the power supply died I thought I would start by upgrading the system disk to a nice new 1TB WD Elements drive, (I did this by cloning the original drive in Acronis and increasing the size of the data partion to fill the drive) this went well and the new drive is installed and working fine apart from I still have the very slow transfer speeds.
I have started to troubleshoot this problem following the guide on the wiki here

http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Unslung/SolvePerformanceProblems

But I am failing at the first hurdle when using netio, this is the result I get

NETIO - Network Throughput Benchmark, Version 1.23
(C) 1997-2003 Kai Uwe Rommel
connect(): Connection refused

Any help much appreciated

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment