Thursday, August 19, 2010

Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: network problems in upgrade mode

 

Yeah, I did consider that. It'll be a couple of weeks before I have access to a windows box (all mac household!) but will then


I've just (not sure why) ordered another slug so will see if I have any different joy with this one when it arrives!!

Matt

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 9:22 PM, rolandkbs <roland.krebs@koff.ch> wrote:
 

You could try using Sercom from a Windows machine instead of Upslug2. Make sure there's no (software-)firewall active.


Roland

--- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Matt Tancock <matttancock@...> wrote:
>
> Still no joy. I've tried a variety of network settings on my laptop but still nothing can see the slug when it's in upgrade mode. I don't understand why because the first time around I was able to get it upgraded fine...

> ---
>
> Matt Tancock
>
> On 19 Aug 2010, at 00:26, Brian Wood <bwood@...> wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday 18 August 2010 13:39:06 Matt Tancock wrote:
> > > I did try that, but I don't have a x-over cable so not sure if it will
> > > work/what settings I should put into the network interface, or will it not
> > > actually work without a xover? I've got a macbook pro....
> >
> > Youe MabBook Pro has an auto-sensing etnernet port. It will automatically
> > determine if it needs to "cross over" the connections, and should thus work
> > with either a straight-through or a crossover cable.
> >
> >
>


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment