Saturday, August 14, 2010

[nslu2-linux] Cannot access telnet

 

Hi all,

My (storage) HDD (on disk 2) failed on my unslung Slug recently. Hoping to swap in a new HDD didn't work as planned so I decided to reflash the firmware, re-unsling and carry on as before.

No problem with using the reset button to enter Upgrade Mode and I can see the new firmware (NSLU2_V23R63.bin) overwriting the old & then being verified etc and the slug rebooting. However, once the slug reboots I have no telnet access nor ssh (ssh I didn't expect to have though some of the wiki instructions suggest I should be able to ssh to my slug). The link on the GUI to enable telnet is not there, nor if I type xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/Management/telnet.cgi do I get there - the page says Content-type: text/html Error: File not found.

I have had a stab at trying to get into redboot mode without success using various methods listed but I feel I'm going round in circles.

What also surprises me is that the GUI, whilst listing me as having V2.3R63 installed is also still giving me the Unslung/linux/Penguin graphic on the top left of the GUI when I have yet to re-unsling.

My set up before that worked perfectly was Unslung 6.8 on a USB stick in disk 1, external HDD on disk 2. I am on Mac OS X (10.5) PPC.

Can anyone rationalise this for me - and get me back telnet access to re-unsling?!! Any help greatly appreciated...

Cheers, Andy

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment