Saturday, September 12, 2009

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: older machines craving new life

 

Hi all, I have a new profile, same lovable truckrwolf...I still have all the old units, just now trying to get moved and set up a real computer lab...mama loves her toys... just installed opensolaris on the laptop, so far so good. The new language and structure is all Greek to this old geek.
--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "P Sgrignuoli" <raven11222002@...> wrote:
>
> What can I say, this used to drive my mom crazy...it's understandable and all is forgiven.
> As I stated early I will try the suggestions...had an emergency to deal with this past week...since things are starting to calm down I should be able to get back to work.
>
> --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Gary" <xheralt@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Gary" <xheralt@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Ubuntu will, guaranteed, be too resource-intensive for his "older" machine. Even Xubuntu gets weighted down by it's clunky underpinnings, compared to other XFCE-based distros, in my experience.
> >
> > I see from a post down-thread that our questioner is actually female -- I apologize for using the wrong pronoun.
> >
>

__._,_.___
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment