Sunday, March 27, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: question on installing

 

THey were seeing what I was doing with the one on my Vmware and I let them play around with it a bit. I know I can't believe they are still using it either. But at least they are goign to be using something more current until they can afford new computers. Hopefully things will work out thought.

SHellie
----- Original Message -----
From: Paul
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2011 3:34 PM
Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: question on installing

--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Shellie" <mbuter30@...> wrote:
>
> Thank you. I am trying to get more of my friends using it also because some
> of them don't want to upgrade to a newer PC. So some have windows 95 still
> on them. I will probably put Puppy on those ones.
>
> Shellie

Your friends must be rabid Microsoft fans to have put up with Windows 95 until now. Good luck to you converting any of them. Try not to get too preachy with them. Change must come from within. I never tell people what they could do but rather what I actually do. Then let them draw their own conclusions. I Lead by example. It just seems a sounder and safer policy to me.

And really what's the rush? I mean they're still using Win95! Any computer I ran Windows on is dead and buried today. I can't believe anything that old is still running now.

You can lead a human to knowledge but you can't make them think.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment