Friday, March 25, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] question on installing

 

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 15:56, Shellie <mbuter30@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to install ubuntu as dual boot with a usb stick. I am at a part that is driving me nuts. I am in the partitioning and it is telling me "No Root file system Please correct this in the
> partitioning menu"
>
> Shellie

Please read this: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Now, there's no real way to answer this question without actual details.

So, questions:

1: Which version of Ubuntu?
2: How many other operating systems are on this hard drive?
3: What are the partitions set up like?

I think that's enough to get a good start.

Cheers
Jeff

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment