Wednesday, March 16, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Google Earth Troubles

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Cristina" <rapiertoledana@...> wrote:
>
> James
> Thanks
> ran glxinfo and got this .
>
> gryphon@gryphon-A7V266-MX:~$ glxinfo
> name of display: :0.0
> display: :0 screen: 0
> direct rendering: Yes

It means that setting your computer up to do direct rendering isn't going to help you being as it already is. Then again like I said not all direct rendering is created equally. So you still may be missing something the program needs in order to work right. Or it could be something completely unrelated too.

Like Edison said, I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. That's one down only 9,999 to go! I'll compare your extension list to my machine upstairs, yours does look sort of short to me. Using this machine is almost pointless being as I know it is lacking.

Just a rough idea of what I mean:

pfred1@spot:~$ glxinfo | grep -o GL_ | wc -l
74

Now I'm curious just what difference I'll see and if I can refine the methodology as well.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment