Wednesday, March 23, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Re: Grub: Dual Boot don´t work correctly

 



--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "KLaus" <klauslms@...> wrote:

>
> Hello Roy,
> thank you for your help!
> I am tired of repairing. I will install both systems again!
> Kind regards
> Charlyms
>

Often times repairing Linux is possible, and even desirable, as reinstalling often leads users right back to where they had a problem eventually. So if you never learn how to fix problems you cannot advance beyond trouble points. Really if it wasn't for problems how many of us would know anything? I try to look at computer mishaps as learning opportunities myself. But anyhow your choice.

Reading this thread I did not see anyone mention the bootable partition flag in regards to Windows. I know it used to be a requirement but I don't know if it still is or not.

It is certainly something I'd have looked at if it were me though. Thankfully installing Windows is something I have not done for many years now.

I do agree with the posters who say install Windows, then install Linux. I remember that side stepping a lot of issues that can arise from this combination. While different ways can be made to work as well, they are usually more complicated to do.

Grub, Windows, and Linux all work together, or I think we'd have all heard about it. You just need to make sure you've fulfilled all requirements everything needs.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment