Tuesday, March 22, 2011

[nslu2-linux] Re: Moving from Unslung to Debian

 

mp3sub <mp3sub@...> writes:

>
> Hello
>
> I've the unslung working on my NSLU2 which is connected to one USB Harddisk.
I'd like to install debian now. I
> tried the debian installer and the installer asks to partition USB harddisk. I
do not want to lose any data
> on the harddisk. My question is this. How do I safely install debian on a HD
that was previously used for
> Unslung? I would like to retain all the original data on the HD (which was 60%
full).

I managed to achieve this by partitioning the disk how I wanted it using gparted
on another Linux machine then selecting manual partitioning when setting up
Debian but it was non trivial. I think it was necessary to make sure /dev/sda3
was a small partition that could be used as /boot

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment