Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: Grub: Dual Boot don´t work correctly

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 4:20 PM, KLaus <klauslms@yahoo.de> wrote:
>
>
> Hello Roy,
> thank you for your help!
> I am tired of repairing. I will install both systems again!
> Kind regards
> Charlyms
>


Just a note, every time I have installed Ubuntu to dual boot with XP,
it has been required to run the system repair CD to restore the boot
sector of Windows. This used to be mentioned in all of the tutorials
I was using back then when I first got started, but I do not see it
mentioned on the ones I am finding now. I do not know if the problem
has supposedly gone away or not. But the process is fairly simple:
boot from the windows install CD (after first installing Windows then
Ubuntu) and then select the option that is something like "repair an
existing installation." I don't remember the exact steps, but I do
recall it was fairly automated and intuitive when looking at the
options.

My experience is different from Roy's as I never had to Reinstall grub
after I did that. I don't know if that is because I was lucky or if
something has changed.

~Chris


>


------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
LINUX_Newbies-digest@yahoogroups.com
LINUX_Newbies-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment