Saturday, March 26, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: question on installing

 

Thank you all for the suggestions. I finally figured it out it was the / that I was forgetting and I also didn't make two partitions I only made one. But it is now dual booted with Windows 7 and Ubunto 10.10. It is doing updates now. I do want to put it on other computers also but I will takle that when I get them in. A few of my friends are wanting me to work on thier computers and laptops since I passed my exam for A+. I am trying to take Linux+ next but not sure if I can get the funding for the class.

Shellie
----- Original Message -----
From: Joan Leach
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2011 9:20 PM
Subject: Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: question on installing

Are you trying to have a Ubuntu USB stick for only your computer or on any computer that will boot from USB...there is a difference.

Joan in Reno

--- On Fri, 3/25/11, loyal_barber <loyal_barber@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: loyal_barber <loyal_barber@yahoo.com>
Subject: [LINUX_Newbies] Re: question on installing
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, March 25, 2011, 5:53 PM

--- In LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com, "Shellie" <mbuter30@...> wrote:

>

> I am trying to install ubuntu as dual boot with a usb stick. I am at a part that is driving me nuts. I am in the partitioning and it is telling me "No Root file system Please correct this in the partitioning menu"

>

> Shellie

>

That normally means you have not set up a partition as "/" which is

root.

Loyal

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment