Sunday, March 27, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Runnin a microft software in opensuse and ubuntu

 

I still have my xp disc and key. I will try virtual box..... I just looked at virtual box stuff. I noticed that there are 9 items in the software manager. will I need them all?

--- On Sun, 3/27/11, Scott <scottro@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

From: Scott <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Runnin a microft software in opensuse and ubuntu
To: LINUX_Newbies@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, March 27, 2011, 2:07 PM

 

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 04:52:13PM -0000, Ken wrote:

> Hello,

>

> I have a dual boot system OpenSuse and Ubuntu. I am unsure which one I prefer.I have a couple of Microsuck programs I need to run in both. Just which applications will help me?

>

Wine will run some things, sometimes well, sometimes not.

VirtualBox can be useful as an easy virtualization platform. You

install VirtualBox, install Windows on it, and then open it to run those

Windows applications, especially if you can share the virtual machine

files (in your home directory, under VirtualBox by default, but you can

choose, during creation of the guest operating system, where to put it.

You would need a valid Windows key, and reasonably good hardware to do

that.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6

( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6

Willow: Oz is a werewolf.

Buffy: It's a long story.

Oz: I got bit.

Buffy: Apparently not that long.

Faith: Hey, as long as you don't go scratchin' at me or humpin' my

leg, we're

five-by-five, ya' know?

Oz: Fair enough.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment