Sunday, March 27, 2011

[LINUX_Newbies] Introduction

 

Hello world!

Well, I'm Bill and I'm new to this list. I Made the switch from Windows
Vista to Ubuntu Linux 9.10 about a year ago now. I absolutely love linux
and won't go back to MS. I am currently running Zorin, an Ubuntu
derivative, Maverick 10.10.

Over the course of a year, I have hacked and tweaked and corrupted and
restored from backups several times. But that is just how I learn best.
I have successfully compiled a kernel, I have dual booted with Windows.
I have install Windows XP under VMware under Ubuntu. And currently have
Virtualbox with Pardus 64, Ultiate Edition 2.9, Trisquel 64, Vector, and
Windows XP installed.

I find that using different versions of Linux, helps me learn new things
daily. Like different environments; Xfce, Enlightenment, KDE, and Gnome.

Anyway, good to be here and hope to learn. (I was nervous about posting
after reading all the do's and don'ts.) I'm sure I'll have questions and
maybe an answer or two, (I like eye candy and am always trying something
new.)

I'll try to remember down posting as opposed to Top posting Mr.
moderator. And I hope I set up Thunderbird to send this in TEXT.

Thanks,

Bill

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment