Monday, March 28, 2011

Re: [LINUX_Newbies] Runnin a microft software in opensuse and ubuntu

I agree with Scott. I have used VirtualBox since the early Innotek days and
the PUEL version from their site is the one to get. Both are free, but the
OSE does not support usb and you will likely need that at some point. The
only difference in use is the source (Virtualbox vs repositories) and you
have to agree to a license with PUEL (personal use and evaluation licence).

Roy

Using Kubuntu 10.10, 64-bit
Location: Canada


On 27 March 2011 22:23, Scott <scottro@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

>
>
> On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 01:32:12PM -0700, ken fraz wrote:
> > I still have my xp disc and key. I will try virtual box..... I just
> looked at virtual box stuff. I noticed that there are 9 items in the
> software manager. will I need them all?
> >
>
> Not sure. I always download it from VirtualBox's site. Also, at least
> in the past, the version available with a distribution was lacking some
> features--I don't know if the OSE (Open Source Edition) has changed or
> not. For example, USB devices didn't work with the OSE. However, if
> you downloaded the package, it had some extra features.
>
> I would think that yum install VirtualBox or aptitude install VirtualBox
> will bring in what you need. (I don't know what distribution you're
> using.
>
> --
> Scott Robbins
> PGP keyID EB3467D6
> ( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
> gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6
>
> Angel: Donuts?
> Wesley: Developed a sweet fang, have you?
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from this list, please email LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com & you will be removed.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LINUX_Newbies/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
LINUX_Newbies-digest@yahoogroups.com
LINUX_Newbies-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
LINUX_Newbies-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment